Thank you for your interest in hatching fish in your classroom. This is a wonderful program that provides memorable learning activities for students.
This year, more than ever, teachers need good, engaging content that works whether you are in a classroom or teaching from your kitchen. We have a devoted quite a bit of time and resources to creating new material for you.
Registration will go live on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 4 PM. While it is not possible to register before this time, you are welcome to review the registration links to help you move quickly through the process when registration opens. You need to provide some basic information and will need a credit card to make payment ($25).
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
- The workshop will be virtual will model best practices in virtual teaching. You will get to experience many of the new online tools we have created to support distance teaching.
- You will have your choice of dates and only need to attend one day
- The workshop will begin at 8:30 AM and is scheduled until 4:30. This will be divided into 3 segments with significant breaks to help you avoid fatigue. If we can end early, we will.
- We appreciate you desire to educate students and realize you are giving us a day of your time. We will honor that by doing our part to give you an engaging and worthwhile experience. We will utilize best practices for virtual trainings, incorporate a variety of media and platforms, multiple speakers, and fun. The content is outstanding as well.
- Please only register for the correct “Group” – hopefully this is explained clearly on the registration page and is based on where your school is located.
- If tickets for your area are sold out or are not available for any reason, please sign up on the waitlist. We do our best to move teachers off the waitlist in the order registered. There are many unknown elements in the program this year and I am hopeful we will have many additional slots open as we move through the season.
- If there are more than one teacher at your school interested in participating, they must each register separately. You cannot register multiple people
We are not able to accept new teachers in San Francisco or Santa Cruz at this time. However please sign up on the waitlist and if things change, you will be inline. If they do not change, you will get a full refund
If you have not done so, please watch the 9-minute video that provides an overview of the program. It will help you understand what you are signing up for and what to expect.
Each teacher in the program receives a fair amount of financial and volunteer support to help you make this a successful experience. This limits the number of teachers we can take in overall, and some geographic areas we are even more limited. Teachers can enroll on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the workshops are filled, you can sign up on a waitlist.
If you have questions, please contact Ethan Rotman