Teachers who hatched fish last year:
- Check the posted list to ensure you are current and eligible to apply for eggs, Save this link as it will soon change to a list of teachers who have applied for eggs this year and have been approved.
- Complete an application for eggs and submit it to R3CAEP@wildlife.ca.gov (you may want to send a copy to your sponsor as well)
- If you are hatching steelhead in Sonoma/Mendocino, check the list of available egg pick up dates
- Bookmark the above pages so you can easily find them later
- You are welcome and encouraged to attend a teacher training workshop as a refresher. This is not required but will help you in your teaching and we waive the fee for you
- Explore the website and begin thinking of great ways to extend your program this year
- Watch for updates on curriculum, grants and new ideas
New teachers to the program
Teachers new to this program need to start by enrolling in a training workshops. There will be three workshops this year and you should enroll based on the location of your school. There is limited space and many workshops fill up quickly.