A time of change
South Bay Trout in the Classroom (SBTIC) is a newly forming partnership to provide support services to teachers affected by the closing of the STEP program. We are working with an impressive list of organizations to provide support to you – however it will take us time to get to the level provided by STEP.
Changes to the program
Some things change, most stay the same. Here are the changes you can anticapate:
- You will be hatching rainbow trout in place of steelhead trout. Both are native to California
- Your release site needs to be a freshwater lake
- There is limited support to help teachers in completing and submitting your application for eggs
- Teachers will need to pick up eggs from one of several centralized locations (as opposed to having them delivered to your classroom
Other than that – ths fish are the same species, both are native to California, and both have the same habitat requirements. Much of the teaching can remain the same while new opportunities for teaching concepts will appear.
Instructions for filling out your 772 application
- Fill out the application for eggs and submit it by 12/18/15
- Under sponsor organization: write SBTIC
- Leave other sponsor information blank
- Species requested: rainbow Trout
- Month and year eggs are requested: February 2016
- Proposed release site: Check the list of approved release sites.
- Keep a copy for your records. We encourage you to submit your application by email to email@example.com or by fax to (707) 944-5563.
- Check the list of approved applications the following week to ensure your application was received and processed.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org