The 772 permit is the KEY to your receiving eggs to hatch.
Here is how you apply for a permit to hold, hatch, and release fish in your classroom. (The application and permit is called a 772 form).
- Print the 772 application from the DFG website.
- Fill out and return it to your club sponsor.
- Your permit will arrive when the eggs are delivered to your classroom.
- Immediately after releasing the fry, fill out the bottom of your permit and return it to your club sponsor.
The above instructions are for teachers sponsored by one of the following groups:
Aquarium of the Bay, Delta Science Center, Diablo Valley Fly Fishers, Grizzly Peak Fly Fishers, Mission Peak Fly Anglers, Monterey Bay STEP, Napa Valley Fly Fishers, North Bay Trout Unlimited, Peninsula Fly Fishers, Tracy Fly Fishers, or Tri-Valley Fly Fishers.
For teachers receiving steelhead eggs from Warm Springs Hatchery.
- Print the 772-application form from the DFG website.
- Select which day you want to pick up eggs (egg pick-up dates for 2013 are February 12, February 26, March 12, March 26, and April 9).
- Return the completed and signed 772 form to DFG at the address listed on the back of the application. Allow 3 weeks for processing.
- Confirm you will be picking up eggs 1 week prior to pick up date by calling Warm Springs Hatchery at (707) 433-6325.
- Your permit will be issued when you pick up the eggs.
- Immediately after releasing the fry, fill out the bottom of your permit and return it to DFG.
1) The permit is to remain with the eggs/fish at ALL TIMES.
If you have questions, contact your sponsor or email Ethan at firstname.lastname@example.org